Recent Posts

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quote #1: Back to Basics

I constantly think about why I got into art or design in the first place. I realized it is because I love using my hands. I always loved when teachers assigned art projects in elementary school and I feel like the more I get into design and the more logos and websites I create, the farther away I get from why I started in the first place. When Z and I decided to start this weekly creative project I decided the first thing I had to do was GET OFF THE COMPUTER. So I decided to challenge myself to some old school "type 1" JH style. I hand wrote the quote then shut the lights off and took and few shots with adjusted lighting but wanted to make it so the excuse part of the quote was blurry. I wanted to blur the lines between being proactive and finding an excuse and as far as I'm concerned there is never a good enough excuse!

1 comments:

Zak Kubert said...

I love your concept behind this and I really like the direction you took with it. I like how we each decided to challenge ourselves by taking a different approach. I decided to break away from my personal style and you decided to bring it old school. JH would be so proud. The truth is, there never is a good excuse, just do it! Now for next weeks..

Post a Comment